Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oldies and Technology...

Ok, I really shouldn't refer to my dad as and oldie, he's pretty clued up most of the time. We went to dinner with my parents tonight and were in the middle of discussing time going by quickly when we deviated to the fact he's written a book since he was made redundant and is having it published. I'm so proud of him!! Anyway, we got onto the fact that apparently, he needs a webpage and a Blog so he can tell the world what he does on a day to day basis, so people will feel compelled to buy his book. Now I'm not so sure people would buy books purely on what the author blogs about, but then I'm not a book publisher, so what do I know.

Anyway, I suggested that next time he comes down for lunch or dinner or what ever, that I can help him set up a Facebook account, a basic webpage and a Blog.... Perhaps that wasn't a good idea, I know my dad can be great with things if he knows how to use them, but I'm not the best teacher in the world (or at least I don't think I am!!).

Anyways, I figured I was due for another blog, so here I am writting about my day, cause that's what blogs are about right!??!?.... Wednesday I got a payrise!! Was quite a shock as I wasn't expecting one just yet. The accounts lady asked me "how did you like your little surprise in your pay?" to which I had to frown and ask, what surprise? Which is how I found out about my PRise... I checked my account and found I'd gotten an extra $5. Now working out based on what my hours were, thats .10c an hour extra after tax..... I think they stuffed up. However, It's $5 I wouldn't have had. I had to ask one of the bosses though, if it was for becoming a DM, or just being Awesome (yes I said those words) his reply was great, as he said "yes actually, its just for being awesome, for stepping up and being there, doing what needs to be done and leading without being asked too. " This makes me happy, estactic and just proud of the fact that, as usual, I'm just Awesome!!

Now, some will sigh and say I'm just up myself, or big headed or what ever..... but when it comes down to it, I know I'm good at what I do, people think they are, some people are but don't know it. Some people just down right suck at their job... but me, I do, I know, I R AWESOME!!

I sit in my lounge now, writing my blog, my wife is in bed, reading her book which she has almost finished and you know what?, I love my Life, my wife, my family, friends, my house, my job, pets, car. Life is good, I wish everyone could have this, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

My name is Christopher James Rosedale, I am 10 foot tall and bullet proof.

1 comment:

  1. Good on ya Chris. Life can be a real bitch most of the time, so it's well worth celebrating when everything is great.
    I hope it's your enthusiasm and happy mood is infectious :)

    ReplyDelete