Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Times, they are a changing

Yesterday I posted for the first time in 2011. Today I will continue.

I currently work at telstra clear, I mentioned this yesterday too. I work on a service desk that deals with a major bank and a government department. I won't mention details, but I logged a call today, well 4 in fact, that were essentially the same request for 4 different people, doing the same essential job. Towards the end of the day, my boss sends me an email, asks me if I can see whats wrong with two jobs I logged today. After a good 10 minute grind of looking at these calls I couldn't see the problem. When it was pointed out to me, I agreed that I was missing some information. HOWEVER! The problem I found was that out of the 4 jobs that I logged exactly the same way, the missing information was absent on all 4 calls, not just the two that were pointed out. So this leads me to ask, Why were those 2 calls picked up, but the other 2 not? I can only think that the other team that complained about the lack of information contains two types of person, 1) the goody two shoes that has to make sure everything is correct, and 2) everyone else that doesn't care, cause they just do their job and go home while getting paid, like a factory processing line.

On a brighter note, I got home today, took Gabi for a walk and then shot my new Paintball Marker again, Its awesome!! I love new toys, and this particular one is going to make a big difference in my paintball game this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment