Thursday, April 28, 2011

Where does the time go?

I don't know about anyone else, but last year I found my self wondering what to do on the weekends, other than working friday and saturday nights.

At the end of last year, I started back in IT. Since Oct, I've had free weekends and now i'm finding it hard to fit it all in. I'm back playing paintball, LARPing is picking up, I'm back into gaming with a different group of friends and I'm finding it hard to do the things I should be doing inbetween the fun stuff.

The lawns need doing, the bank needs landscaping, the house work needs to be done. My car has work I could do on it, the dog needs walking, spend time with Ness, hang with friends.... OMG! So much to do. Being winter, its dark by the time we get off the train. I admit, I love the fact I travel to work with Ness and home again, when we get home we walk the dog, daily!! Theres days we skip the walk, but we really notice when Gabi doesn't get exercise.

Last weekend we went to Ashburton for paintball, I missed our cats and dog immensly. This weekend I have an all day stag do on saturday, all day gaming on sunday. So i'm not really going to get much time with ness, cept friday night and sunday evening. Although we do spend a bit of time together during the week, it would be nice to be able to sit down for a few hours and be together at home.....

Maybe its cause im getting old (31 this year!!) but I feel that I can no longer stay out late on the weekends, goto bed at 3am and get to work at 8am that day, Although I probably could if I try, since Ness said just the other day "how do you manage to stay up and still function at work?", as she was going to bed at 11:30 and couldn't concentrate at work till she had a V or something.... I got bed at night and I play Angry Birds for an hour, by mind races at 15 to the dozen as my dad used to say, and I feel that I'm not being pushed at work, I could do my job in my sleep, and i've only been there a couple of months.

Anyway, I'm writing this as I wait for Ness to finish fart-arsing about before joining me, we're going to watch Californication in bed on the laptop, which has become a little pre-sleep tradition, if its not too late.

Till Next time, when I plan to write up the Ashburton trip.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment