Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Interesting....

So today, I'm back at work, 8pm onwards for more Virtual Desktop recomposing. Basically updating a bunch of computers with the latest patches. This is done over 3 nights, although its good training, the documentation is pretty shit. Anyway, I was thinking of posting a blog and as I went to start a new one, I clicked on Edit Posts. This showed me a list of all my posts and I found one that was in draft. I read a couple of comments that people had left and then I thought, you know what, I'll post the blog I found in the Drafts. Note: This was drafted on the 23rd of September, 2010.


<< 23rd Sept >>
I've worked in IT for 8 years before being made redundant, so I'm quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers etc. However I don't have any qualifications. So this puts me in a hard spot, where helpdesks don't want me cause i'm over experienced and they think that the money won't be enough to keep me, but i'm not qualified / experienced enough to be a system admin / engineer.

Most people know I had an interview at a helpdesk last week. I personally thought it went really well. I called the recruiter back on Tuesday after a really bad night at work on Monday. I got a call back just after lunch. They advised me that my preferred management style (hands off) wasn't what they wanted as the manager is normally sitting with the team. This (IMHO) wasn't really the best excuse. You can have a manager sitting with the team, but they can still allow you to do your job without nagging or putting pressure on you to do the job. With my experience, I can do the job with my eyes closed, I'm not one to brag!! But it's not really that hard. Anyway, I got shafted on that one, so chin up and we'll go again.

Lots of applications last night through TradeMe and Seek, lots of emails this morning with varying excuses of skill matching, lots of applications etc. However do have 1 interview tomorrow at 2pm. Will have to scrub on the JD and probably end up tailoring my answers to suit the role, rather than giving honest answers, cause after all, honesty isn't that shit hot! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment